Hourly Pay: Effective July 1, 2023: $59,437.33 to $73,395.22
April 24, 2023 3:00 PM
Police officers assigned to patrol report directly to a patrol sergeant. Police officers assigned to specialized positions in the investigative section report to either the detective sergeant or the investigative captain. All Sidney police officers are expected to cooperate with all other city departments and maintain a professional relationship with all local and state jurisdictions.
- Operate department vehicles safely.
- Maintain certification to operate equipment, including but not limited to alcohol testing devices, and speed detection devices.
- Operate department equipment as assigned by the department.
- Pass all firearms qualifications.
- Ability to use sound judgment and make good decisions when handling calls.
- Maintain a level of physical fitness required for the job.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Successfully pass civil service entrance examination and selection process, which includes, interviews, background inquiries, physical examination, polygraph testing, psychological profile and physical fitness testing.
- Ability to complete basic law enforcement training as assigned by the department.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Must be between the ages of 20.5 by deadline and appointed by 35 and be a U. S. Citizen or authorized to work in the United States.