The City of Avondale is looking for career-oriented applicants who desire to be a Police Officer for the City of Avondale. The successful candidates must be individuals who share the values of the Avondale Police Department. They must display the highest levels of integrity and ethical standards and must be team oriented with a high level of maturity and personal responsibility. Applicants must display cultural awareness and sensitivity. This position requires personal dedication to Community Policing Concepts and how it applies to the community.
$27.60 – $39.96 Hourly
4/26/2020 11:59 PM Arizona
- Patrols designated areas and responds to calls for service by the public. Investigates crimes and crime scenes. Writes reports, testifies in court, trains, and supervises as required.
- Responds to calls for service by contacting complainants and suspects, conducting investigations, gathering information, completing interviews, documenting facts, making arrests when necessary, and writing reports.
- Patrols designated areas by operating the patrol vehicle/motorcycle, walking, observing, watching for traffic violators, and providing customer service.
- Conducts crime investigations by locating physical evidence, victims, witnesses, and suspects, gathering statements, investigating the crime scene, coming to a conclusion about the crime, and making arrests when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned by testifying in court, holding training sessions, acting as detention/booking officer, assisting other bureaus, serving warrants, and conducting some supervisory tasks.
Must be 21 years of age by Police Academy (20 weeks) graduation. Valid Arizona Operator's Driver License by the time of hire. Must be a United States citizen. No previous experience required.
Successful completion of an Arizona Police Academy and Arizona Police Officers Standards and Training (AZ POST) Certification.
Above average physical conditioning: includes running, climbing, crawling, and possess the ability to pass and maintain an entry level officer's physical fitness requirements.