- POST Certified Candidates: $45,000 to $60,500 based on qualifying training, education and experience incentives.
- Non-Certified Candidates: $40,000, with an increase to $45,000 plus qualifying incentives upon successful completion of the Police Academy.
This is general law enforcement work responsible for protecting life and property and enforcing laws and ordinances. Work involves routine patrol in assigned area, responding to emergency calls, alarms and citizen complaints. Duties include traffic enforcement, assignments, preliminary investigations and other related work. An officer of higher ranks reviews work assignments. Work requires independent judgment and discretion in difficult or unusual situations. Work involves an element of personal danger. Work is performed under the general supervision of a police Sergeant.
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older,
- High School diploma or equivalent, and
- Possess a valid Georgia Driver’s License.
- Advanced Degree (Associate’s Degree or higher)
- Georgia Basic Peace Officer Certification