$57,808.00 – $86,201.00 Annually
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Primary function is to enforce local, state and federal laws and ordinances; to patrol assigned areas; and to do skilled police work in the investigation of alleged criminal offenses and juvenile cases.
- Citizen of the United States / resident of Iowa
- Is 18 years of age at time of appointment
- Valid driver’s license or chauffeur’s license issued in Iowa
- Not addicted to drugs or alcohol
- Good moral character/not convicted of felony crime
You must also be able to maintain a valid motor vehicle operator’s license issued by the State of Iowa. No OWI convictions within the last five years. No more than three convictions for moving violations within any 12-month period over the last five years. Must be able to obtain an Iowa Professional Permit to carry weapons. The police department will only hire non-tobacco users.