$63,196.00 – $106,187.00 Annually
Closing date and time
12/31/2023 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Applications are now being accepted to establish an eligibility list for Police Officer positions in the City of Fairfax Police Department. After a comprehensive hiring process, applicants selected for hire must satisfactorily complete a 21 week course at the N. VA Criminal Justice Academy. NOTE: Applicants currently certified by the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (D.C.J.S.) are not required to attend the Police Academy.
Examples Of Duties
- Performs general duty police work in the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances of the City and Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Patrols a designated area of the City to preserve law and order and to prevent and discover the commission of crime, to direct traffic, and to enforce motor vehicle laws.
- As directed, officer answers calls and complaints involving suspicious and criminal activities, domestic disputes, and other related citizen requests for service.
- Maintains records and prepares reports. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1) 20 years and 6 months of age at time of application, no upper age limit
2) High school graduate or valid G.E.D. certificate
3) Possession of a valid operator’s license
4) Eyesight must meet minimum of 20/20 binocular vision. Corrective glasses may be worn. Uncorrected vision with glasses must be no worse than 20/100 in either eye. Corrective soft contact lenses may be worn. Uncorrected vision with soft contacts must be no worse than 20/200. Must demonstrate successful long term wear of lenses of 6 months minimum for pre-employment examination
5) U.S. Citizenship required at time of application
6) No felony convictions or domestic assault convictions
7) Be of good character and reputation
8) Have a favorable credit record