The incumbent for this position will perform law enforcement duties for the protection of Aviation Authority property, facilities, personnel and the general public.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Enforces all Aviation Authority regulations, federal, state and local laws.
- Enforces traffic laws by observing, issuing citations and warnings and apprehending violators on Aviation Authority premises.
- Responds to calls and investigates problems, disturbances, traffic accidents, crimes, emergencies and other incidents; provides assistance and prepares related reports.
- Performs foot and vehicle patrols in assigned areas on Aviation Authority property to detect and monitor possible criminal activity and interrogates suspicious persons.
- Apprehends and arrests suspected law violators to ensure public safety.
- Testifies in court to provide an accurate account of investigation reports and findings.
- Provides information and assistance to the public.
- Administers Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and first aid as required and maintains certification currency.
- Impounds abandoned or illegally parked vehicles, and vehicles used in the commission of crimes.
- Transports prisoners to detention or medical facilities.
- Maintains patrol car, weapons and other law enforcement equipment to insure operational readiness.
- Operates communications equipment.
- Completes written reports and required forms in accordance with standard operating procedures and directives.
- Prepares and preserves evidence in accordance with directives to maintain chain of custody.
- Performs other related duties as required.