Closes On: December 31, 2023 at 04:00 PM CST
Rate of Pay: $4,850.37 – $8,133.91
To perform assigned protection, prevention, enforcement, call response, pursuit, investigation, arrest, reporting, testifying in court and related community policing responsibilities in preserving the peace and promoting the safety of citizens throughout the City of New Brighton.
Essential Accountabilities and Expected Outcomes
- Reads, learns and applies the laws, ordinances, policies, rules and other materials required to perform all assigned accountabilities of the position.
- A good working knowledge is demonstrated and applied when performing assigned duties.
- Performs a wide variety of duties and responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Maintaining order, enforcing State laws and City ordinances, and protecting life and property.
- Assisting in investigating and/or preventing criminal offenses, accidents and other problem areas.
- Apprehending and controlling offenders.
- Responding to medical emergencies and applying appropriate first aid and/or CPR.
- Preparing reports that include facts, analysis, and recommendations for action.
- Minnesota P.O.S.T. License Certified or Able to Obtain by Date of Hire
- Emergency Medical Responder Certified
- Must successfully pass a background investigation and complete a one-year probationary period.