Salary:$45,000 – $55,000 Annually.
Patrols district property to protect all students, personnel, and visitors from physical harm and prevent property loss due to theft or vandalism. Enforces all laws including municipal ordinances, county ordinances, and state laws. Works independently.
- Patrol assigned campus(es) and routes walking or driving within district jurisdiction.
- Respond to all calls from campuses concerning crisis situations, accidents, and reports of crime.
- Investigate criminal offenses occurring within district’s jurisdiction.
- Collect and preserve evidence for criminal investigations including witness statements and physical evidence.
- Arrest perpetrators, file appropriate charges, and ensure placement in jail or juvenile detention centers for law violations as necessary.
- Write effective legal incident reports.
- Testify in court as needed.
- Work cooperatively with other police agencies to share information and provide other assistance.
- High school diploma or GED/Degree Preferred.
- Texas Peace Officer License issued by Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE).
- Clear and valid Texas driver’s license.