SALARY RANGE: $4437.00 — $5779.00 Monthly depending on education and qualifications.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Performs police patrol, enforces laws and ordinances, investigates crimes, professionally service calls for service, makes arrests if necessary, and handles other law enforcement activities as required.
• 21 years of age upon appointment as Police Officer.
• Be a high school graduate or have attained a GED certificate.
• Successfully complete the National Testing Network written examination.
• Successfully complete the Oregon Physical Abilities Test (also known as the ORPAT) in 5 minutes and 30 seconds or less.
• Demonstrate excellent moral character as determined by an extensive, in-depth background investigation.
• Have a valid driver license.
• Meet all applicable physical, vision, hearing, and psychological examination requirements as required by the Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training.
• Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) fingerprints must be completed and cleared prior to start date. Testing must occur within 30 days of hire to receive the CJIS certification. A passing score is 70%.
• Successfully complete an oral interview.
• Willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Be a U.S. citizen within 18 months of employment or a nonimmigrant legally admitted in the United States under a Compact of Free Association. Candidates hired under citizenship criterion two must obtain U.S. citizenship within the timeframe listed or may be subject to termination.