$46,501.00 – $73,500.00 Annually
10/1/2022 11:59 PM Eastern
General Statement of Job
Under close supervision, exercises responsibilities for the enforcement of state and local laws relating to public safety and welfare. Performs various other public safety activities as required. Exercises independent judgment in dealing with dangerous or unusual situations, exercising safety practices and procedures. Works under stressful, high-risk conditions. Acquires and maintains State certification for a Class 1 Police Officer. Reports to the on duty Police Supervisor as required also reports to the Incident Commander as required by the National Incident Management System.
Minimum Training and Experience
Education: High school diploma or GED
- Minimum age 21
- Good physical condition
- Possession of all members of both upper and lower extremities
- Vision correctable to 20/20
- Good character and reputation
- Valid drivers license
- One (1) to two (2) years of law enforcement experience
- The City retains the right to determine equivalencies.
- Any certifications not possessed at hire, must be obtained before the employee is removed from probation in order to continue employment with the City.
Must be physically able to operate an automobile, police equipment, etc. Must be able to exert up to one hundred pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of fifty pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of twenty pounds of force constantly to move object. Must be able to lift and/or carry weights of ten to one hundred pounds.