Police Officers shall be those persons who are employed for the purpose of maintaining order, preventing and detecting crime, protecting the rights, lives and property of citizens and enforcing the laws.
The Tulsa Police Department is currently hiring entry level police officers (Apprentice Police Officers). Tulsa is located in northeastern Oklahoma’s Green Country with a population of 390,000.
• Applicants must be 21-45 years of age.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and reside in the Tulsa Metropolitan area once Hired.
• Applicants may not have been convicted of a felony or a crime of moral turpitude.
• Applicants must have completed a Bachelor's degree with a 2.00 grade pointaverage or better at an accredited college. No military hours or credits are accepted unless they are received from or converted through an accredited college.
• Far Visual Acuity of at least 20/30 in each eye with or without corrective lenses.
• Peripheral Vision without correction of 140 degrees in the horizontal median in each eye.
• Ability to distinguish red and green on a standard Ishihara test for color blindness.
• On average, hearing loss unaided in the better ear not greater than 40db at 500Hz, 1000Hz and 2000 Hz.