The Ottawa Hills Police Department maintains an ongoing eligibility list for the position of full-time police officer. Police officers must be available to work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays. Applicants must meet the following qualifications to be considered:
- Valid, state-issued driver’s license;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Associate’s degree, or the equivalent number of semester/quarter hours, from an accredited college or university;
- Commissioned peace officer according to the rules of the Ohio Peace Officer Training Council (at time of appointment);
- Please also see the Background Removal Standards (disqualifiers) and Police Officer Job Description documents posted within the ‘Document PDFs’ section below.
The pay range for full-time police officers is $64,050 – $76,150 per year.