The Police Officer works under the direction of the Police Sergeant and under the general direction of the Patrol Captain or the Police Chief. Participates in law enforcement efforts that include police and patrol duties, crime prevention and investigation, emergency response, and public assistance.
1. Performs patrol duties.
2. Performs traffic law enforcement duties.
3. Responds to crime locations/reports.
4. Performs administrative activities.
- Valid full-time POST license or must be eligible to be licensed by hire date.
- First responder certification or ability to obtain within six months.
- Valid driver’s license at application. Valid Minnesota driver’s license at time of appointment.
- Must meet all state-mandated requirements and local policies such as a physical examination and criminal background check.
- Two- or four-year degree in law enforcement related field.