Salary: $68,078.40 – $98,176.00 Annually.
Under general direction of the Police Sergeants and Deputy Police Chief this position is responsible, during a specified period of time, for the maintenance of order, enforcement of laws, and protection of life and property. This position also assists in the investigation of criminal offenses, accidents, and other police-related problems.
1. Respond to complaints such as prowlers, trespass, fights, domestics, alarms, etc.
2. Handle arrest situations and procedures.
3. Drive patrol car to monitor traffic; operate communication equipment and vehicle monitoring equipment such as
radar; observe and detect traffic violations; and operate vehicle in emergency mode.
4. Patrol assigned area by vehicle.
5. Write detailed reports to document activities in situations requiring that public order be maintained and/or restored.
6. Answer questions from the public on the phone or in person regarding issues such as project status, complaints,
and law interpretation, or refer citizens to proper agencies.
7. Face threatening situations and be prepared to use deadly force when justified.
- Associates Degree in Law Enforcement or related field.
- US citizen.
- Must have, or be qualified to obtain, a valid Minnesota driver’s license.
- POST Board licensed or eligible to be licensed.
- Bachelors Degree in Law Enforcement or related field.
- One year of experience in law enforcement, either a sworn, non-sworn, or volunteer position.
- Fluent in a second language.
- CPR and First Aid certification.