It is the vision of the Sidney Police Department to exceed the expectations of our community, to adapt to ever changing challenges and to provide the highest level of service and protection to our citizens.
The Sidney Police Department is a full service police department. The department has a patrol section, an investigative section, a community resource section and a communications section. They are supported by a records section and a maintenance staff. The department provides opportunities to its officers for additional duties, such as accident reconstructionist, member of the tactical response team, hostage negotiations team, bike patrol unit, evidence technician, range instructor, defensive tactics instructor. The command staff consists of the chief of police, three captains, seven sergeants and an office supervisor.
Annual Pay $55,193 to $68,154 plus Education Bonus and Fitness Bonus Longevity Bonus after five years of employment
April 5, 2021 5:00 PM
Police officers assigned to patrol report directly to a patrol sergeant. Police officers assigned to specialized positions in the investigative section report to either the detective sergeant or the investigative captain. All Sidney police officers are expected to cooperate with all other city departments and maintain a professional relationship with all local and state jurisdictions.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Successfully pass civil service entrance examination and selection process, which includes, interviews, background inquiries, physical examination, polygraph testing, psychological profile and physical fitness testing.
• Ability to complete basic law enforcement training as assigned by the department.
• A valid driver's license.
• New recruit must be between the ages of 21 and 35 and be a U. S. Citizen or authorized to work in United States.