The City of Livermore is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer – Lateral. If you are currently employed as a peace officer for a California Police or Sheriff’s Department and wish to work for an exceptional organization, submit your application today.
The Livermore Police Department fosters a problem solving, community policing philosophy to address crime and quality of life concerns.
Livermore Police Officers receive a competitive salary and benefits package, are provided state of the art equipment, and work a highly desired 4/11 schedule. We also enjoy strong support from the community. The City of Livermore is not only an excellent place to work, but also an ideal place to live.
The City of Livermore is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
- Lateral Police Officer applicants must meet the following requirements: (1) Meet P.O.S.T. standards for lateral entry; (2) Currently employed as a peace officer or employed within the last six month with a California Police or Sheriff's Department; (3) Meet all minimum qualifications for employment as a Police Officer.
- Education: Equivalent to graduation from high school. College or university education is desirable.
- License: Possession of a valid California Driver’s License at time of appointment and a satisfactory driving record as determined by the City of Livermore.
- 21 years of age at time of swear-in; ability to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and scheduled and emergency overtime; be available on call as required; and work under potentially hazardous conditions, taking all necessary safety precautions.
- Weight proportional to height. Vision no less than 20/100 uncorrected in either eye and 20/30 corrected in either eye with no color deficiencies.
- Ability to lift, drag, and transport objects/individuals weighing up to 150 pounds; hear voices over background noises; communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; sit and/or stand for long periods of time; and other requirements as provided in the California P.O.S.T. Medical Screening Manual.