$21.45 – $27.88 Hourly
This position is responsible for actively enforcing and upholding that of federal, state and local laws and ordinances, as well as the protection of life and property.
Examples of Duties
- Proactively patrols the city to detect, deter, and neutralize criminal activity and traffic violations.
- Responds to calls for service, including but not limited to domestic disputes, assaults/batteries, burglaries, robberies, traffic accidents, lost or missing persons, verbal and physical altercations, stranded or disabled motorists, alarms, trespasses, and public service duties.
- Responsible for the preliminary investigation into traffic accidents and other incidents, which could include interviewing suspects, victims, complainants and witnesses, gathering information, collecting evidence, securing crime scenes, conducting follow ups, and making lawful arrests.
- Apprehends, arrests, processes, and transports offenders.
- Provides assistance and backup support to fellow officers, as well as providing mutual aid to other agencies and emergency service providers.
- Provides traffic control and direction as needed for special occasions such as parades, funerals, concerts, holiday celebrations, school crossings, and other events.
- Testifies and assists in judicial proceedings as necessary.
- No prior experience required.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level associated with a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Florida for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain appropriate Florida State Officer Certification.
- The ability to follow instruction with an attention to detail.
- Ability to pass the department’s physical assessment test.
- Must pass a Computer Voice Stress Analyzer (CVSA).
- Must pass a Psychological exam administered by a certified doctor.