The Montgomery ISD Police Officer is responsible for handling law enforcement and police related matters within the jurisdictional boundaries of MISD as outlined in the Texas Penal Code, Code of Criminal procedures, District’s Board Policy, Management Guidelines, Departmental Rules and Regulations, and as directed by the Chief of Police. The District Police Officer is responsible for working cooperatively with school administration, students, staff members, other District police officers, and officers from all law enforcement agencies to maintain positive campus security and a safe and secure campus environment.
- Patrol assigned campus(es) and routes walking or driving within district jurisdiction.
- Respond to all calls from campuses concerning crisis situations, accidents, and reports of crime.
- Investigate criminal offenses that occur within district’s jurisdiction.
- Collect and preserve evidence for criminal investigations including witness statements and physical evidence.
- Arrest perpetrators, file appropriate charges, and ensure placement in jail or juvenile detention centers for law violations as necessary.
- Write effective legal incident reports.
- Testify in court as needed.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Texas Peace Officer License issued by Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE).
- National Incident Management System (NIMS) compliant.
- 2 Years of Law Enforcement experience in an educational environment preferred.
- Truancy experience preferred.
- Background in law enforcement or related work experience.