Closing date: 08/01/2022
Salary: $44,740 – $58,158 per year
The incumbent serves as a Police Officer ensuring a safe and secure environment across all VA Administrations and properties within various settings, including a variety of jurisdictional environments, such as VHA Medical Centers and facilities, Inpatient Clinics, Outpatient Clinics, and domiciliary throughout the United States
At the full performance level (GS-07) the major duties of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Conducts investigations, apprehensions and detentions of individuals suspected or convicted of offenses against the criminal laws of the United States.
- Protects individuals during any given situation against threats to personal safety when enforcing laws and regulations.
- Responds immediately to and engages potentially armed individuals during active threat response situations.
- Responds to highly dangerous and active crimes in progress, making independent decisions and taking immediate steps to preserve life and property.
- Mitigates opportunities for assault, illegal entry, and theft involving highly protected information, property and/or processes at facilities containing special protective methods.
- Reacts to neutralize threats, secure resources and mitigate further risk to personnel or property.
- Provides patrol in vehicles, by foot and/or on a bicycle.
- Responds to calls for police assistance, irregularities, and unusual or suspicious circumstances.
- Conducts asset protection during transport.
- Writes comprehensive incident reports.
- Provides policing services in various environments where each type of jurisdiction (Exclusive, Concurrent and Proprietorial) has different enforcement rules.
- Seeks, detects, seizes, and protects evidence and witnesses at the scene of an incident.
- Detects and intervenes in criminal activity.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job
- Subject to a background/suitability investigation
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required
- May serve a probationary period