Performs a variety of police duties in enforcing laws, rules, and regulations to protect lives and property associated with the university and specifically the MSU Meridian College Park & Riley Campus locations. Employees hired into Intermittent positions are limited to working no more than 720 hours per fiscal year.
- Patrols assigned area checking for crimes, prowlers, fires, or other unusual, suspicious, or hazardous occurrences.
- Notifies supervisor and/or proper authorities of unusual, suspicious, or hazardous events.
- Regulates pedestrian and vehicular traffic; investigates traffic accidents and completes appropriate reports; issues citations for traffic law violations; and assists with regulation of parking.
- Provides security for special university events.
- Apprehends, arrests, and files charges on suspects when appropriate.
- Testifies in court or at administrative hearings concerning violations and offenses.
- Provides escort for bank deposits or money transfers within the university.
- Completes oral and written or computerized reports related to department activities.
- Provides emergency services and temporary first aid treatment as required.
- Investigates incidents that are violations of the law, university’s rules, or the Student Code of Conduct, or that may be of interest to the university.
- Provides motorist assists, escorts, or other non-emergency services as directed.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Must be a full-time or part-time certified law enforcement officer for the State of Mississippi and be able to provide evidence that certifications are current.
- Must be in good standing with the agency for which law enforcement certification is maintained.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- One year of prior law enforcement work experience.