$39,811 – $51,570 (DOQ)
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for performing general duty police work in protecting life and property; enforcing laws and ordinances; and performing other work related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The fundamental duties and tasks that define the job.
- Patrols City on foot and in patrol car to aid in preventing crime and to enforce Federal, state, and local laws on rotating shifts.
- Observes, reports, and acts upon conditions conducive to crime and danger such as checking buildings, assisting other officers, enforcing traffic, making arrests, transporting prisoners, and investigating crime(s).
- Enforces traffic regulations, directs traffic, and investigates and makes detailed reports of traffic accidents.
- Provides information to the public in emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Educates the public on laws and ordinances; assists citizens with complaints and inquiries; and directs them to the appropriate authority.
- Conducts investigative activities on murders, rapes, assaults, sex offenses, stolen vehicles, thefts, burglaries and locates and interrogates suspects and witnesses.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Minimum requirements for formal education and job related experience. Graduation from high school or General Education Development Certificate and one year of law enforcement experience; or an equivalent combination of education and/or related experience.