Open until filled
The Police Officer position is a full-time, non-exempt position. This patrol officer position is responsible for responding to calls for service, completing incident reports, making arrests, and enforcing traffic law, among many other responsibilities. Candidates will be required to complete on-going training, various qualifications, and continuing education opportunities. A successful candidate will be able to effectively engage the public and interact with people in a variety of situations. All full-time police officers are represented by the Police Officer’s Association of
Michigan (POAM) after one year of successful employment.
- 60 credit hours from an accredited educational institution.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State of Michigan Vehicle Operator’s License with a satisfactory driving record.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain, and maintain throughout employment, certification by the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES).
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Pass a comprehensive background investigation as well as medical and psychological exams.
- Candidates must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.