Salary range: $27.00 to $37.27 per hour.
The City of McCall is accepting applications for the full-time regular position of Police Officer. The primary function of an employee in this class is to enforce state and local laws and ordinances, respond to calls for the protection of life and property, conduct criminal and non-criminal investigations; make arrests and to perform other assigned law enforcement and public safety duties. Work is performed under the general direction of a Police Sergeant, but considerable latitude is granted for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative. The primary duties of this class are performed in both a general office environment and an outdoor environment that may include exposure to adverse weather conditions and to potential personal danger.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency;
- Some experience in law enforcement or a related field is preferred; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Idaho drivers license;
- Idaho POST Basic certification within one (1) year of employment;
- No disqualifying criminal or motor vehicle record.