MULTIPLE OPENINGS – TEST DATE MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2022
Duties and Responsibilities
- May supervise, direct and evaluate assigned staff; may assign work and provide assistance/guidance.
- Enforces all City and State codes, ordinances, laws and regulations (both traffic and criminal) in order to protect life and property, prevent crime, and promote security.
- Patrols designated areas via motor vehicle or on foot; makes police presence known in a manner that contributes to deterrence of law violations.
- Prevents/discovers commission of crime; apprehends criminals and offenders; writes citations and makes arrests as appropriate.
- Responds to calls/complaints involving automobile accidents, misdemeanors and felonies.
- Conducts accident/criminal investigations; locates and questions witnesses, victims or other persons and takes statements; interrogates suspects; collects evidence; examines records; testifies in court; serves warrants, obtains subpoenas and makes arrests; conducts surveillance; works undercover; prepares detailed investigative reports.
- Intervenes in fights/disputes which cause disturbances/confusion; mediates disputes.
Minimum Training and Experience Required
- Applicants must have completed 60 semester hours of college credit from a regionally accredited college or university, or 30 semester hours of credit from a regionally accredited college or university and 2 years experience as certified police officer or military police officer.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age before hire date and must be a citizen of the United States.
- Applicants must have or be able to obtain a valid Tennessee driver’s license.
- Requires Police Officer certification by the State of Tennessee within a reasonable period of time.
- Applicants must not have any tattoos visible in an uncovered traditional short sleeve police uniform.