Closing: December 31, 2023 11:59 PM
There is currently one opening for a full-time police officer position. A list may be maintained for future openings.
The Orono Police Department adheres to all guidelines set forth by the Minnesota Peace Officer Standards and Training board (POST) for training and hiring. All interested in becoming a police officer need to have a minimum of a two year college degree.
Many agencies are also requiring a candidate to be at least 21 years old before being considered for a position.
- Possess a two or four year degree with an emphasis in Criminal Justice or have two or four year degree in any discipline
- Pass a law enforcement certificate course, if you don’t have a LE degree through a Professional Peace Officer Education program
- Must be MN POST licensed or eligible to be licensed by May 1, 2023.
- Have a valid Minnesota driver’s license
- Or meet reciprocity requirements