Police Officer 1
$2,520.00 – $4,472.00 Monthly
Applicants must have Civil Service test scores for 2100-PSE in order to be considered for this vacancy unless exempted by Civil Service rule or policy. If you do not have a score prior to applying to this posting, it may result in your application not being considered.
Function of Work:
To protect lives and property by conducting foot and mobile security patrols; enforcing parking and traffic regulations; rendering emergency services; investigating minor crimes and making arrest when necessary. Provides a limited range of police services.
- No experience or training is required.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have attained eighteenth birthday at time of appointment.
- An applicant who has been convicted of a felony or who is under indictment on a felony charge will be disqualified until relief from the disabilities imposed by state and federal laws is granted.
- May be required to possess a valid Louisiana driver’s license at time of appointment.
- May be required to complete a Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST) course.
- May be required to qualify annually with a firearm.
- For some positions, applicant must be eligible for bond.