Police Officer 1–A
$2,520.00 – $4,472.00 Monthly
This position is for a Patrol Officer in University Police. The position is non-exempt under the provisions of the FLSA and may work rotating 12 hour shifts. This position is subject to overtime, working weekends, holidays, shift work, and 24 hour call. This position has a physical component which includes the ability to run, jump, stand for long periods, climb, crawl, carry, drag, work in all weather conditions, and change flat tires. This position requires the ability to shoot a gun with either hand. This position requires the ability to work in a collegial manner, displaying excellent customer service skills.
Function of Work:
To protect lives and property by conducting foot and mobile security patrols; enforcing parking and traffic regulations; rendering emergency services; investigating minor crimes and making arrest when necessary. Provides a limited range of police services.
Examples of Work
- Provides foot or mobile security patrol and enforces parking regulations.
- Responds to emergencies and renders assistance as required.
- Prepares reports on activities.
- Provides crowd and traffic control at special events; may be required to intervene in situations utilizing force if necessary to make an arrest, to restore order, prevent interference with normal operations or to protect persons or property.
No experience or training is required.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have attained eighteenth birthday at time of appointment.
- An applicant who has been convicted of a felony or who is under indictment on a felony charge will be disqualified until relief from the disabilities imposed by state and federal laws is granted.
- May be required to possess a valid Louisiana driver’s license at time of appointment.
- May be required to complete a Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST) course.
- May be required to qualify annually with a firearm.
- For some positions, applicant must be eligible for bond.