Police Officer 1
Roane State Community College in conjunction with the Tennessee College of Applied Technology Campus at Crossville, TN is inviting applications for qualified candidates for one  full time position at the Cumberland County campus; subject to availability of funds, as this is a restricted funds position.
Work performed in investigating crimes and accidents, protecting property, facilities, citizens, staff and students by law enforcement.
- Patrols the campus by foot or motor vehicle. Investigates suspected crimes, reports findings, and arrests suspected individuals.
- Investigates accidents involving persons or property, reports probable cause of accidents, and pursues appropriate course of action.
- Directs and controls traffic.
- Testifies in court or legal proceedings.
- May Issue citations for traffic and parking violations.
- Operates and maintains law enforcement equipment.
- Keeps records and makes reports.
- All incumbents are expected to perform these functions except for those qualifying under the Americans with Disabilities Act for a reasonable accommodation.
- Incumbents may provide backup to various functions within the unit.
Currently certified or able to obtain certification as a police officer by the Tennessee POST Commission. Must be in good standing employed by a law enforcement agency OR employed within the previous five years as a Tennessee POST Commission certified police officer that left their agency in good standing.
Meets the requirements of TCA 38-8-106. Qualifications of Police Officers:
(1) Be at least eighteen (18) years of age;
(2) Be a citizen of the United States;
(3) Be a high school graduate or possess equivalency;
(4) Not have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to or entered a plea of nolo contendere to any felony charge or to any violation of any federal or state laws or city ordinances relating to force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor or controlled substances;
(5) Not have been released or discharged under any other than honorable discharge from any of the armed forces of the United States;
(6) Have his fingerprints on file or willing to be fingerprinted as part of the employment and submitted to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation;
(7) Have passed a physical examination by a licensed physician;
(8) Have a good moral character as determined by a thorough investigation conducted by the employing agency; and
(9) Be free of all apparent mental disorders as described in the Diagnostic and Statistical manual of Mental Disorders, Third Edition (DSM-Ill) of the American Psychiatric Association. Applicants must be certified as meeting these criteria by a qualified professional in the psychiatric or psychological fields. Possess a valid Tennessee operator license as issued by the Tennessee Department of Safety