The City of Culver City is accepting online applications for Police Lateral for the Police Department.
GENERAL DUTIES: Performs general law enforcement including criminal investigation and crime prevention duties, patrolling the City on foot or by vehicle, serving as station officer and performing other related duties. Possible assignments include: Motors, K-9, Crime-impact teams, Field Training Officer, Detectives, School Resource Officer, and Bicycle patrol.
- High School graduation or equivalent.
- Must be a citizen of the United States or a permanent resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for citizenship.
- Possession of a valid California Class “C” driver license is required at time of appointment (hire).
- Graduation from a California Police Academy recognized by POST.
- Possession of basic POST Certificate (Copy of POST Certificate should be submitted with the application).
- Must have been employed as a full-time sworn peace officer within twelve (12) months prior to application filing deadline date.
- A felony conviction is disqualifying.
Conditions of Employment:
- Background/ Reference Check: Upon a conditional job offer, a live scan finger printing must be completed with acceptable results. Your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI). Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City. If you are selected as a finalist, you will be contacted to schedule a fingerprinting appointment. Upon hire, employee is subject to further reporting from DOJ via subsequent arrest notification.
- Pre-placement medical evaluation including drug screen (select positions).
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination (all positions).
- E-Verify: Proof of U.S. citizenship, alien residency or authorization to work in the U.S. will be required at time of appointment.
$80,932.18 – $105,811.68 Annually
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please complete an online Culver City application at www.culvercity.org/jobs by 5:00 p.m, Thursday, December 2, 2021.