Salary: $44,113 – $60,857 Annually.
- Answers emergency calls for service within the Police and Fire Departments. Types correspondence and reports; and enters other data as necessary. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Operates emergency dispatch equipment through the use of radio equipment and dispatches emergency vehicles and officers to the scene. Records information and requests information from police information networks.
- Verifies driver’s licenses and warrants through the TCIC/NCIC network. Enters current information into the system as provided by the department.
- Greets citizens and provides information regarding the department, and directs them to the appropriate employee. Prepares correspondence, reports and other written materials. Takes complaints and requests for services for the police department.
- High school diploma or High School equivalency certificate, plus one to three years of experience working in a clerical position preferred.
- Must obtain Basic Telecommunicator’s Certificate from Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (TCOLE) within the first year of employment.
- Experience with two-way radios and computerized police systems preferred.