Dispatch police officers are to answer calls for service. The dispatcher serves as a primary contact point for walk-in customers. Monitors radio transmissions campus police, Town of Wellesley Police, and Town of Wellesley Fire.
- Serve as first point of contact for callers and walk-in customers requesting service from the Wellesley College Police Department;
- Dispatch police officers to calls;
- Monitor intrusion alarms and fire surveillance systems;
- Operate radio communications with on-duty police officers;
- Operate multiline phone system; and
- Run queries on various computer information data bases.
- To ensure that data entry is accurate and that proper information fields are properly filled out.
- To assign training and ensure that training is completed within scheduled deadlines.
- High School Diploma.
- Computer proficiency preferred;
- Strong written and verbal skills;
- Strong interpersonal communications skills;
- Must be able to interact with various members of the community.