Salary: $55,504.56 – $85,691.25 Annually.
Police Detective is a law enforcement professional that serves as the investigator of crimes and gathers evidence against criminals for prosecution. This individual is responsible for investigating crimes that have been reported to the department or discovered by Police Officers.
- Gather facts and collect evidence for criminal cases.
- Determine which individuals and pieces of information are credible.
- Conducts interviews when investigating crimes.
- Creates and examines records.
- Observes suspects.
- Participates in raids and arrests.
- Writes detailed reports on findings.
- Testifies in court proceedings.
- Collaborate with Police Officers, crime scene investigators, and evidence technicians to build a case for prosecution.
- Analyzes physical evidence and reaches conclusions about truths during an incident.
- Performs all other assigned activities as required in relation to Police operations.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years as a certified Police Officer.
- Requires active Florida law enforcement certification, or the ability to re-instate within a reasonable time.
- Florida Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission Certificate of Compliance in Law Enforcement required.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License required, or with the ability to obtain a Florida driver’s license within thirty (30) days of employment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.