$93,787.00 – $140,691.00 Annually
This position’s primary duty is the management of the Police Department, customarily and regularly directing and supervising work, making recommendations as to the hiring, firing, promoting and/or other status change of employees. This is a supervisory position, which is responsible to the Police Chief. This position requires technical knowledge of police operations and police administration and may involve special assignments. The position is responsible for the analysis of traffic or criminal trends in town and for evaluating the effectiveness of police techniques used. Work is performed with considerable independence within the framework of policies determined by the Police Chief and Town administration. The Police Commander confers with their superior on unusual problems and work is reviewed through observations of results and evaluation of reports submitted.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
• Preferred completion of an advanced training program, i.e., F.B.I. National Academy.
• Minimum of six years of work experience in law enforcement
• Minimum of three years of work experience in police supervision at a rank equivalent to a Town of Payson Sergeant.
• Equivalent education and experience required to perform the essential functions of the job.
Certifications & Licenses:
• Must possess, or be able to obtain, a valid Arizona Driver’s License in good standing.
• Must be a certified officer through Arizona P.O.S.T. and Training Board; or have the ability to obtain a waiver. Out of state candidates should review the waiver process