Salary: $127,000.00 – $175,000.00 Annually.
The City of High Point is seeking its next Police Chief. The High Point Police Department (HPPD) is doing fantastic work in a recovering pandemic environment during staffing challenges, evidenced by a reduction in the City’s violent crime rate, despite an overall national increase in violent crime rates.
The Police Chief will report to the City Manager. Leadership and employee development are the foundations on which the HPPD is built. If you are an energetic, resilient, strategic leader who wants to lead a team of highly motivated officers and civilians and do rewarding work, join the City of High Point’s team.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in the field of law enforcement, public administration, or related areas and extensive progressively responsible experience in delivering police services.
- Additionally, a minimum of 10 years of law enforcement experience.
- At least 5 years of strong technical and leadership experience in command or upper management of a public law enforcement agency.
- Excellent communication and synthesizing skills are required, as well as strong interpersonal skills, technological literacy, strong knowledge of project management principles, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in the field of law enforcement, public administration, or related areas.
- Must possess or obtain a valid NC driver’s license.
- Be willing to obtain other related certifications and licensures required.