Salary: $36,933.00 – $78,507.00 Annually.
Closing Date: 6/30/2024.
The Prince William County Police Department is seeking candidates for the position of Police Cadet, which is designed for individuals 18 to 20 years of age who desire to become a police officer. Police Cadets gain firsthand experience in a variety of areas of law enforcement to include Patrol Operations, Criminal Investigations, Forensics and Administrative Support.
- Performs various clerical duties utilizing standard office equipment and/or department specific equipment, including filing; responding to standard information requests; and maintaining reports and other documentation to ensure availability and accuracy of information.
- Performs inventory checks to ensure proper maintenance of department equipment.
- Conducts a count of warrants served within defined areas.
- Transports department vehicles to service garages to ensure proper maintenance and repair of fleet vehicles.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or resident alien eligible for U.S. citizenship by age 21.
- Must successfully complete a DMV record check, polygraph examination, criminal background investigation, and be able to meet the public safety/police officer medical standards prior to selection for the Police Cadet Program.
- Must be within 90 days of 18th birthday, or already age 18, on date of application to begin the selection process.
- Police Cadets must be 18 to 20 years of age at date of appointment. Must, within six months of reaching age 21, meet all eligibility requirements for Police Officer and be selected for employment as Police Officer.
- Police Cadets shall not use any tobacco products on or off duty starting at the time of appointment, and must sign a Condition of Employment Agreement acknowledging their agreement.