Salary: $37.626,00 – $49.128,00.
Closing Date: 03/01/2025.
Police Cadet assignments are designed to familiarize you with the Department’s organizational structure and the mission and functions of its components.
You will learn about the laws and policies of the department and be given increasingly more difficult assignments to prepare you for the police officer role. Cadets observe and study community policing principles, techniques and methods, the merit of higher education for effective policing, and the value of community policing for an effective police department.
You will learn how to provide assistance to facilitate Patrol Service Area calls for service, how to assist crime analysts and customers in the Station, administrative filings, process city service requests, observe police activities, and i nterface with citizens and visitors of the District of Columbia.
- Be a US citizen by birth or naturalization at the time of application.
- Reside in the District of Columbia and agree to remain a resident until completion of the program.
- Be between 17 and 24 years of age.
- Be currently enrolled in a District of Columbia high school; OR
- Graduate of a District of Columbia high school and received a diploma; OR
- Recipient of a GED issued by the District of Columbia.