The City of Cathedral City is seeking enthusiastic individuals interested in pursuing a career in Public Safety. The Police Cadet program is a trainee program designed for career development into the law enforcement field as a Police Officer. The Police Cadet is under immediate to general supervision, and performs non-hazardous duties throughout the Police Department.
Incumbents will work 16 hours a week for a maximum of 944 hours.
The City of Cathedral City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include emergency call-in, call-back, shift work, nights, holidays and weekends to accommodate City needs.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- Must maintain a minimum of 6 units per semester in Police Science, Criminal Justice, Administration of Justice or a related field until obtaining an Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university during the school year. All college/university course work must be, and continue to be, completed with a grade of “C” or better. Program age from 18 to 23 years old.
- Must have a valid California class C driver license and acceptable driving record at time of appointment and throughout employment in the class series.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien who has applied for citizenship at time of appointment.
Work is performed indoors in a front counter or office environment and may occasionally be performed outdoors with full exposure to the elements. An incumbent drives a vehicle on City business, sits and stands for periods of time, uses a computer, walks and may run on slippery/uneven surfaces, climbs, kneels, crouches, twists, reaches, bends, crawls and grasps, lifts, carries, pushes, pulls and drags equipment and other items weighing up to 30 pounds.