Salary: $15.00 Hourly.
The purpose of this position is to hire cadets on a limited-time, part-time basis, with the intention of exposing the cadet to the law enforcement profession and a potential career with the Grand Blanc Township Police Department.
- Cadets perform support work by assisting police dispatch, support services, police officers and the Grand Blanc Township community. Cadets do not have police authority.
- Duties will be assigned by supervisory personnel. These duties can include but are not limited to; working the front desk/dispatch, conducting preliminary breath tests, fingerprinting, conducting vacation checks, working community events, conducting abandoned vehicle inspections, participating in department training, and participating in monthly officer ride-along.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
- No felony convictions.
- Must be enrolled in Criminal Justice Courses or pursuing a Criminal Justice related degree.
- Must maintain a minimum of a 2.0 GPA.