Salary: $17.89 Hourly
Closing date and time: 12/31/2022 at 11:59 PM
Under general supervision of sworn or civilian personnel, a Police Cadet performs tasks in various divisions of the Police Department including but not limited to: lobby reception, records, patrol, traffic, and property control; in conjunction with a formal training program designed for career advancement into the law enforcement field; performs related duties as assigned.
- Assist the public at the counter; assists with crime prevention programs and community relations programs.
- Receives and provides information on the telephone and in person.
- Operates computers and copiers.
- Maintains records and files.
- Provides fingerprint services to the public.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Graduation from high school or equivalent; college enrollment with a concentration in criminal justice is highly desirable.
Licenses/Certificates/ and Special Requirements:
Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Class “C” California driver’s license, an acceptable driving record and evidence of insurability.