Salary: $20.00-$23.00 per hour.
Open Until Filled
The Police Cadet is responsible for providing a variety of public safety services to the residents of St. Anthony that do not require being a licensed police officers in areas such as, but not necessarily limited to: traffic / parking enforcement; equipment maintenance; crime prevention program assistance; transporting of personnel or evidence and animal control.
Work involves some element of personal danger.
- Enforces City ordinances and assists peace officers with traffic management at accident scenes and at traffic survey sites.
- Assists in the maintenance of department equipment, vehicles/apparatus, and takes inventory of medical supplies.
- Transports personnel and/or evidence as requested, ensuring that safety and security is maintained at all stages of such transports.
- Monitors designated properties within the City and report any unusual or suspicious activity to a licensed peace officer.
- Assists peace officers as directed in setting up preventative measures that are intended to help reduce and prevent crime in the City.
- Performs a variety of animal control activities including investigating citizen complaints and enforcing established animal control ordinances.
- Assists peace officers in monitoring prisoners in City jail cells.
- Performs other job related responsibilities as apparent or assigned.
- High School Degree of GED equivalent.
- Must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary law enforcement program or related that will conclude with MN POST License eligibility and maintain a 2.0 GPA or higher.
- Must possesses a valid and unrestricted Driver’s License.
- Or such alternatives to the above qualifications as the City may find appropriate and acceptable.