Attends classes and maintains comprehensive notebooks. Completes homework assignments.
• Participates in physical training program, firearms training, defensive tactics program, and practical problems. Actively participates in classroom discussions and group projects.
• Complies with established rules and regulations governing the Police Academy.
• Complies with assignments and instructions given by Director of Police, of University of Texas System, or by any members of Academy staff and/or Director/Staff of approved Academy.
• Adheres to respective component institution policies of police department relating to personal status and attendance at Academy.
• Adheres to the University of Texas System Police Code of Conduct and Rules and Regulations promulgated by Board of Regents of University of Texas System.
• Performs other related duties as required.
- High School graduation or GED; Must attend and satisfactory complete a Texas Police Academy, qualifying for commissioning as peace officer of the University of Texas System Police within 15 calendar days of completion of a basic Peace Officer Training Course.
- Must possess valid Texas driver's license and acceptable UT System Driver Rating. Successful candidates must sign educational agreement that generally states that training expenses will be reimbursed to the University in event officer resigns prior to completion of two-year commitment.
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a verified negative drug screen.