The Glendale Community College Police Department is now accepting applications for Police Cadets. This is a temporary, hourly position for students who are taking courses at an accredited college or university. Police Cadets may work up to 20 hours per week and work schedules may vary.
General duties include: giving directions and assistance to the public; escorting students, staff and visitors; parking enforcement; making emergency notifications; providing assistance and traffic control at special events.
The Police Cadet position consists of a variety of non-hazardous support functions for the Glendale College Police Department, while attending college. Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to the following:
• Uniform patrol
• Required to complete a comprehensive training program
• Patrol campus by vehicle and / or foot
• Requires the ability to stand or walk for long periods of time in different environments
• Write lost property reports
• Files, copies, mail room duties and researches documents
• Answers phones
• May complete police reports
• May assist with traffic control, transportation and parking enforcement
• Provides customer service in person and over the phone to the public and to other departments on campus
• Police cadets may also be required to assist in the communications / dispatch centers
• Other duties or related tasks as assigned
* 18 years of age
* Possession of a High School Diploma or equivalent. Foreign transcripts and degrees require official certification of equivalency to U.S. transcripts and degrees by a certified U.S. review service at the time of application.
* Possession a valid California Driver's license * Ability to pass a thorough background investigation, including a fingerprint check with D.O.J./F.B.I.