Salary: $16.27 – $20.77 Hourly.
Police Cadets serve as non-sworn police auxiliary personnel and perform various clerical and beginning level technical support police work under general supervision as part of an intern/apprentice program. As the Police Cadet program is designed as a career preparation internship, concurrent enrollment in equivalent to a minimum of 12 semester units at a community college or university is required (Police Cadet applicants and employees are required to maintain a grade “C” average or higher).
- Copies and shreds documents; receives, sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail; files and retrieves documents and records; interacts with the public and provides factual information about Department procedures or services; prepares routine reports and forms; orders supplies as directed.
- Directs traffic and provides related assistance at traffic or accident scenes; identifies violations of parking laws and issues citations; tags abandoned vehicles for impound.
- Assists staff in performing day-to-day tasks; participates in and provides support to special projects and events.
- Cleans and/or washes police vehicles; performs minor maintenance at the police station, including changing light bulbs, emptying trash, etc. as directed.
- Must have any combination of education or experience equivalent to a High School Diploma, some college coursework, and a demonstrated interest in a law enforcement career.
- Must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 12 college semester units.
- Incumbents must maintain a course load of at least 12 college semester units/quarter system equivalent, and maintain a grade “C” average or higher.
- Valid California Class C Driver License.