The Glendale Community College Police Department is now accepting applications for Police Cadets. This is a temporary, hourly position for students who are taking courses at an accredited college or university. Police Cadets may work up 20 hours per week and work schedules may vary.
General duties include:
- Giving directions and assistance to the public;
- Escorting students, staff and visitors;
- Parking enforcement;
- Making emergency notifications;
- Providing assistance and traffic control at special events.
- 18 years of age.
- Possession of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Possession a valid California Driver’s license * Ability to pass a thorough background investigation, including a fingerprint check with D.O.J./F.B.I.
Conditions of Employment
- Applicants must be a college student enrolled in at least six (6) semester units with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better at time of hire.
- To maintain eligibility for continued employment, Cadet must be enrolled as a student in six (6) semester units or equivalent with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better at an accredited college or university.