Police Academy Recruit
Salary: $30.85-$0.00 Hourly.
Open until filled
Under direct supervision, the Police Academy Recruit attends a basic Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certified training academy to obtain the basic skills and fitness level necessary for performance of Police Officer duties. This position requires a thorough background investigation, voice stress analysis examination, psychological assessment, and a medical exam prior to appointment. This is the non-sworn, entry-level classification in the Police Officer series. Incumbents in this classification receive training in a controlled classroom environment. Advancement to the sworn Police Officer level is based on meeting minimum qualification standards, satisfactory performance in the academy and availability of police officer positions within the City.
- Attend and complete a basic POST certified training academy to obtain the basic skills and fitness level necessary for performance of Police Officer duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade or higher with coursework in law enforcement, criminal justice, or a related field.
- Previous experience is not required but experience in a law enforcement environment is highly desirable.
- Must be 21 years of age at of the date of hire.
- Must be of good moral character with no felony convictions.
- Must be lawfully able to possess a firearm.
- The ability to convey oneself to and from geographical locations frequently and timely, or possession of a valid CA driver’s license.