The City of Scappoose is accepting applications for a Patrol Officer
SALARY: $26.22 – $33.46 Hourly
OPENING DATE: 09/15/2021
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
SUMMARY: The City of Scappoose Police Department is actively recruiting for full-time Police Officers. This opportunity is a FLSA non-exempt position.
Joining the Scappoose Police Department will give you the opportunity to be part of a professional law enforcement agency that serves a city of more than 7,300 residents. We are a progressive, innovative community-based department who acknowledges our most valued asset is the men and women who work at the Scappoose Police Department.
As a member of the Scappoose Police Department, you will have the opportunity to:
Have a rewarding career with competitive pay and benefits Work in a fast-paced environment with varied work including promotional and special team opportunities Benefit from excellent training opportunities
If you have the qualities of teamwork, integrity, and excellence, then we encourage you to join our department.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
As a certified police officer, perform law enforcement and crime prevention work including discovery, investigation, report preparation and patrol to enforce federal, state, and local laws. Oversee police program areas, which may require additional specialized training.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, & EXPERIENCE:
- Education and experience requirements listed are minimum standards. Other equivalent combinations of education, certifications, training, and experience may be considered.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check. Must be at least 21 years of age with no criminal record.
- Minimum of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Must be eligible to work as a Patrol Officer in the state of Oregon. Must have DPSST’s Basic Police certification at the time of hire.
- Must maintain DPSST certification after initial DPSST certification. Must be US Citizen at time of hire.
- Possess and maintain a valid Oregon license to operate a motor vehicle with acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to successfully complete substance abuse test, psychological test, and medical exam. With or without reasonable accommodation.
- Advanced knowledge of police practices and procedures, investigative methods and techniques, federal, state, and local laws, report writing, firearm use and safety precautions.
- Previous college-level training or experience in law enforcement. Knowledge of the community and surrounding areas. Previous training related to police equipment or operations, e.g., first aid, CPR, hazardous materials, firearms training, LEDS General level certification, RegJin, etc.
Testing will be provided by www.nationaltestingnetwork.com please visit their website for more information.