Patrol Officer /Police Officer I
Open until filled
A career with the South Boston Police Department offers individuals a chance to experience unlimited professional and personal growth. A job in law enforcement gives the opportunity to support your community on a daily basis and help to make the world around you a better and safer place. Work in law enforcement can be extremely challenging, but if you are looking to make a difference, then you should consider a career with the South Boston Police Department.
- At least 21 years of age by completion of training academy,
- United States citizen,
- Graduate of an accredited high school or successful completion of a GED,
- Ability to be courteous and professional with the public even in high stress situations,
- Ability to carry out complex oral and written instructions,
- Excellent moral character,
- No felony convictions or convictions for misdemeanors involving moral turpitude,
- Excellent health and physical condition.