To maintain public order throughout the City, to protect life and property, to prevent and detect crime, to enforce laws and ordinances, to apprehend criminal offenders, to provide emergency services in a professional manner that will command public confidence and respect at all times and to aid in the attainment of the department’s mission.
Closes On: November 15, 2019 at 11:00 PM CST
Starting monthly wage $6,089.11 (2019/2020 patrol contract – Grade 10/Step 1). Requires MN POST License or to be eligible to be licensed by 07/01/2020. Resume and Cover Letter required with City Application.
• Works on rotating shifts performing security patrols, traffic control, investigation and first-aid at accidents; detection, investigation and arrest of persons involved in crimes or misconduct.
• Works an assigned shift using independent judgement in deciding course of action; expected to handle difficult and emergency situations without assistance.
• Maintains normal availability by radio or telephone for consultation on major emergencies or precedent.
• Carries out duties in conformance with Federal, State, County and City laws and ordinances.
• Patrols City streets, parks, commercial and residential areas to preserve the peace and enforce the law, control vehicular traffic, prevent, detect, and investigate misconduct involving misdemeanors, felonies and other law violations and to otherwise serve and protect.
• Responds to emergency radio calls and investigates accidents, robberies, civil disturbances, domestic disputes, fights, drunkenness, missing children, prowlers, abuse of drugs, etc.Take appropriate law enforcement action.
• Conducts follow-up investigations of crimes, obtains and compiles evidence.Seeks out and questions victims, witnesses and suspects.Develops leads and tips.Searches scenes of crimes for clues.Takes measurements and draws diagrams of scene.Analyzes and evaluates evidence and arrests offenders.Prepares cases for filing of charges and testifies in court proceedings.
• Prepares a variety of reports and records including officer's Daily Log, reports of investigation, field interrogations reports, alcohol reports, influence reports, intoxilyzer check lists, bad check forms, vehicle impoundment form, traffic hazard report, etc.
• Associates degree in Law Enforcement or Certificate in Law Enforcement Studies.
• POST License
• Three to Five (3-5) years of experience as a Patrol Officer.
• Bachelor’s degree in Law Enforcement or Criminal Justice.
• POST License
• Five or more (5+) years of experience as a Patrol Officer.