Salary: Hourly: Min. $28.850/Hour – Mid. $34.208/Hour, DOQ.
To perform law enforcement and crime prevention work; to control traffic flow and enforce state and local traffic regulations; to perform investigative work; and to participate in and provide support and assistance to special Department crime prevention and enforcement programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- As a Patrol Officer, to patrol City in radio-equipped car; answer calls for the protection of life and property, and the enforcement of City, County, and State laws may conduct both preliminary and follow-up investigations of disturbances, prowlers, burglaries, thefts, hold-ups, vehicle accidents, death, and other criminal incidents.
- Patrol the City in a radar-equipped patrol unit; respond to calls related to traffic incidents and any other required emergencies; observe, monitor and control routing and unusual traffic conditions; assist and advise motorist and enforce traffic safety laws.
- Make arrests as necessary; interview victims, complaints and witnesses; interrogate suspects; gather and preserve evidence; testify and present evidence in court.
- Contact and cooperate with other law enforcement agencies in matters relating to the apprehension of offenders and the investigation of offenses.
- Prepare reports of arrests made, activities performed, and unusual incidents observed.
- Stop drivers who are operating vehicles in violation of laws; warn drivers against unlawful practices; issue citations and make arrests as necessary.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Applicant must possess a High School Diploma or GED.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
Possession of a valid Class “C” Texas Drivers License.
Possession of a current TCOLE license from the Texas Department of Law Enforcement OR must be currently enrolled in an accredited Police Academy to obtain a TCOLE license.