Salary: $47,799.00 Annually.
This Patrol Officer provides police services and protection to Cheyney University students, employees, property, grounds, facilities, clientele, and the general public in a fair and impartial manner. This is basic police service work that includes the provision of routine and customary police services. The patrol officer works under the direction of the Director of Public Safety or his/her designee.
- Investigating criminal incidents and missing person cases.
- Acting as custodian of personal property and evidence being held for court presentation.
- Maintaining proper vehicle and/or bike.
- Responding to calls for assistance, fire, burglary alarms, and emergencies on campus.
- The Patrol Officer completes enforcement services at university events.
- Files charges for violations for Commonwealth law and/or enforces vehicle code violations, directs traffic, and enforces parking regulations.
- Make arrests, serve warrants, transport prisoners, and take fingerprints.
- Transports funds for university deposits.
- Testifies in court, attends arraignments, and hearings.
- Performs building checks for safety hazards, mechanical problems, failures, and other deficiencies.
- Performs other related police duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Formal training in the provisions of basic police services accompanied with certification through Act 120.
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license and the ability to meet such qualifications regarding strength, agility and health will be required.