- Currently licensed Texas Peace Officer by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) or immediately able to obtain Texas Peace Officer License for current out-of-state licensed officers.
- Currently enrolled in a Texas Basic Peace Officer Academy within ten months of scheduled graduation (proof of enrollment and graduation date must be provided prior to written examination)
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Must have a high school diploma or a GED.
- Never been convicted, plead guilty (nolo contendere), nor have been on court-ordered community service/probation or deferred adjudication for a Class A misdemeanor or felony.
- During the last 10 years, you have not been convicted, plead guilty (nolo contendere), been on community service/probation or deferred adjudication for a Class B misdemeanor in this state or other state, or while serving in the military.
- Never have had a military court martial that resulted in a dishonorable or bad conduct discharge.
Beginning salary is $63,784 for officers with less than three years experience.
Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) – Subject to yearly City Council approval.
Approved lateral applicants, with over three years experience, will begin with a starting salary of $67,013.
A step pay increase of 2.5% is applied for sworn personnel.
- Step 1: City Application
- Step 2: Personal History Statement & Questionnaire
- Step 3: Physical Fitness Evaluation
- Step 4: Written Test
- Step 5: Employment Assessment Board
- Step 6: Background Investigation
- Step 7: Conditional Job Offer
- Final Selection