- Minimum: $33,816.18.
- Maximum: $51,726.95
- Provides law enforcement services and police duties associated with the protection, safety and welfare of the citizens within our community.
- Patrol is the backbone of the Department. To be effective, patrol should be as comprehensive as possible, including observation of conditions that are indicative of crime, checking out suspicious persons and conditions, and aggressively pursuing those tasks that tend to eliminate the chances of a crime occurring.
- Traffic law enforcement is also an important function of the Patrol Division. Patrol members are required to actively detect, deter, and/or address traffic law violations that effect the safety of the citizenry of Live Oak. Patrol members conduct both short and long form traffic crash investigations.
- The Live Oak Police Department is a community oriented policing department. Patrol is to be the front line in that effort. Members are expected to make every effort to communicate and interact with the public in a positive manner when possible. Members are expected to maintain professional dignity and demeanor at all times.
- Report in uniform to Shift Sergeant for tour of duty on scheduled basis.
- Maintain assigned inventory to include uniform, apparel, and patrol vehicle.
- Study, retain and know city policy and local ordinances, department policy and procedures, and Florida State Statutes so that you are able to enforce all local, state and federal laws.
- Patrol areas of assignment and document all required activity. (Offense Incident Reports, Traffic Crash Reports, daily activity paper work, or special documentation as required).
- Respond to calls for service as assigned and handle according to department policy.
- Apprehending and transporting suspects.
- Interviewing victims, witnesses and suspects.
- Gathering and logging evidence.
- Actively detect, deter, and investigate criminal law violations.
- Actively detect, deter, and investigate traffic violations and traffic crashes.
- Writing citations, delivering warrants, and testifying in court.
- Interact with community and take part in scheduled community events with prior notice.
- Participate in special detail events scheduled on an as needed or volunteer basis.
- Be accessible to the department to respond for emergency or catastrophic need.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Police training academy graduate.
- Degree education preferred.
- Possess State of Florida Law Enforcement Certification.
- Be a US Citizen.
- No felony or misdemeanor convictions for perjury or false statement.
- Never have received a dishonorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces.
- Successfully pass a background investigation as required by Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
- Successful completion of pre-employment testing requirements (Drug screen, psychological examination and physical examination).
- Good physical condition.
- Possess valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Team player.