Position enforces the laws of this state and county and provides the residents of the county with full range of law enforcement and related social services on demand, as prescribed by Oregon law, county ordinance, and judicial precedent.
$24.88 – $31.78 Hourly
Enforce the laws of this state and county; provide service of court documents; enforce traffic laws; operate emergency response vehicles; stop vehicles and pedestrians for enforcement of state traffic and criminal laws; inspect vehicles; serve arrest and search warrants; effect the arrest of suspects; write reports; read and interpret legal document decisions; use a computer; as required, use a firearm and such non-lethal weaponry with a high degree of accuracy; and operate two-way radio system under normal and stressful conditions.
Requires regular and consistent attendance.
The Sheriff's Office Requires the Following Minimum Qualifications:
• Must be 21 years of age by the time of certification
• Must be a United States citizen or be one within eighteen (18) months of hire.
• Must possess a high school diploma or GED certificate of high school equivalency.
• Must have an acceptable driving record and the ability to obtain a valid driver's license. Applicants for this position must meet the requirements of the County's Driving Policy. Must be free from convictions of crime other than minor traffic violations.
• Must successfully pass an extensive background investigation.
• Must pass an extensive post-offer pre-employment physical assessment and psychological evaluation. Accommodation requests will be reviewed on an individual basis in compliance with State and Federal legislation.
• Must successfully pass a post offer pre- employment drug test.
• Must be willing to be fingerprinted and have fingerprints filed with the State.
• Visual and Hearing Acuity: Must meet the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training requirements as detailed in Oregon Administrative Rules (OARs) 259¬-008-0010(8), https://secure.sos.state.or.us/oard/displayDivisionRules.action?selectedDivision=822
• Must be able to be certified by the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training.
• Must meet the Minimum Standards for Employment as a Law Enforcement Officer as provided for in Oregon Administrative Rules (OARs) 259-008-0010.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Associates Degree (or equivalent hours) or Bachelor's Degree preferred. Requires keyboarding experience. Preference may be given to applicants with public safety experience/training. Only those persons who will be able to successfully pass an intensive background investigation need apply.