The Christian County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applicants for a full-time Patrol Deputy (Testing Date TBD). We are looking for community-oriented individuals that are motivated, professional, and courteous. The Patrol Deputy is responsible for a variety of tasks including but not limited to: patrolling in a radio-equipped vehicle to preserve law and order by discovering/preventing the commission of crimes and enforcing Federal, State and County ordinances; responds to calls of service, report writing, on scene investigations as well as follow up incidents. Many other duties are required as directed by the commander of the division.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED. Associate Degree in Criminal Justice or related to the law enforcement profession is preferred.
- Possess a valid Missouri Driver License
-May not have been convicted of, plead guilty or no contest to, or been diverted on a serious traffic violation within the past five years.
- Must be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the State of Missouri.
- Must be 21 years of age.
Must meet one of the following:
- Possess Class A MO POST certification.
- Possess Class B MO POST certification with 30 semester hours from an accredited college or university and two years of full-time law enforcement experience.
- Possess Class B MO POST certification with two years of active duty military service with an honorable discharge